28 de marzo de 2012

KUNDALINI YOGA: "LA RESPIRACION DEL MINUTO" POR SNATAM KAUR



Comparto una practoca de Yoga Kundalini que publicó esta maravillosa cantora de mantras en su blog. 




"Alright... so the minute breath. It is called the minute breath because you inhale for 20 seconds, hold the breath for 20 seconds, and exhale for 20 seconds, for a total of a minute for your entire inhalation, holding, and exhalation. 


Here is the basic posture. Sit in easy pose if possible. You can also sit on a chair, as long as you have both feet on the ground and a straight spine. 


Before beginning tune in. 


Bring both hands to the center of the chest and close your eyes. Chant "Ong Namo, Guru Dev Namo." This calls upon the Golden Chain, the sacred lineage of these teachings that calls upon the presence of Yogi Bhajan and his Divine Guru, Guru Ram Das to come to your aid. The mantra means "I bow to the Divine Energy within myself and within all beings, I bow to the Divine Guru within myself and within all beings."


To Begin:


Sit with your hands in Gyan Mudra, the thumb and the index finger together.


Close the eyes and and focus your eyes at the third eye point.


Begin your breath...


Slowly, slowly inhale to stretch it out for 20 seconds. Hold the breath in for 20 seconds. Then slowly slowly exhale so that it takes 20 seconds to exhale. 


I recommend doing this breath for a minimum of 11 minutes a day. You can go longer if you wish. It will create a ton of bliss.


Here is a little thing about the breath. It takes a good amount of lung strength to actually do the breath as prescribed. To be honest with you I am actually at the 12 second mark... meaning that I am taking 12 seconds for the inhale, 12 seconds for the holding, and 12 seconds for the exhalation. Someday I hope to reach the full 20 seconds. So.... start where you can. 


To keep track of time I recommend finding a mantra that you can recite in your mind that equals the number of seconds. 


For me, I do the following mantra:


SA, TA, NA, MA, WAHE GURU, WAHE GURU. I figured out the pace to recite it in my mind so that it takes 12 seconds. 


And here's a little secret about this breath...


You can also do it throughout your day, even if you cannot close your eyes and hold the mudra (hand posture). For example if you are waiting in line to check out at the grocery store and your feeling kind of impatient (like I was yesterday) try the breath. Instantaneously I saw life as a flow, I saw the enjoyment in having a moment to stop and connect with my Guru. It was amazing. Then when I got to the lady at the check out counter I greeted her with a smile... so much better then the alternative that would have manifested without the breath. 


Alright.... so there you have it.


My apologies for any lack of clarity. Please do write in if you have any questions. 


I hope you enjoy this breath as I do.


Love,


Snatam Kaur "

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario